• Topics

Rizz

Dawson's EM Application

Posted

You are going to the Diddy party
    Dawson

Dawson's EM Application

Posted

Player Information: Current In-Game Alias: Inquisitor Enkronn Previous Notable In-Game Ranks and Aliases: Lieutenant Dawson Tarleton (Navy) Chief Warrant Officer PT-II 'Odin' (Purge), To most I would have been known simply as Dawson Steam Profile Link:  https://steamcommunity.com/id/KrouchToTouche/ Age: 21 Time Played (Gmod *and* Gateway Imperial RP):  Garry's Mod - 1776 (FREEDOM) Hours ||| Gateway Gaming Imperial RP - 28d12h21m Do you have a mic and do you intend to use it?:  Yes    Basic Questions: How have recent events inspired you to apply for EM?: Unfortunately due to some personal events and medical issues stemming from last year to the beginning of this year I was largely becoming more unavailable as an EM on the server, however thankfully now I am in a much better place and have seen some interesting main events, as well as mini events, and I have always enjoyed being able to provide storylines and roleplay to players on this server and would love to throw my hat back into that circle. Name 3 tools that are at an Event Masters disposal and describe their usefulness when running or creating an event:   1. Advanced Duplicator 2: The usefulness of this tool can never be understate by anyone, this tool allows in the case of someone either crashing or the server crashing to quickly get all their props set up quickly once again, as well as this it allows some easy placement as well for people that like to build that way, and in other cases can be very helpful when an area is feeling extremely empty it allows you to put down some interesting props if it can fit. 2. Triggers: This tool is extremely useful in different kinds of situations, for example it allows you to play music in a small radius if you're trying to give off the feeling of a night club potentially, or even damaging players slowly that walk into an area to give off the idea that it may be toxic, but also it can be used to show text in the radius as well for either large or small roleplay reason, ranging from the details of a slice, to just letting someone know they feel an eerie feeling in that specific spot. 3. Ship Destruction Tool: Not only a useful tool for destroying a ship in a spectacular way, it can also be used on smaller objects such as vehicles or buildings depending on the situation, it has an extreme and sometimes over the top but visually pleasing explosion, it allows for roleplay that may be tied to the destruction of a shield generator, to a ship crashing into the ground, to even a small object blowing up from being potentially an IED. Are you aware of the limits of the server and that Gmod is often an old, unstable and laggy game?:  Yes Do you have any notable EC experience?   I have previously been an EM on the server, as well as an EC and am still currently an EC, two notable experiences from lately being an EC was currently being "Governor Kazimierz" during the Senior Event Master "Boeing's" event from which I was assassinated as planned, and my other notable experience from recent was the small mini event I got permission to run from which I was a drug dealing Scout trooper that was being supplied by a Drug Cook that was a Jawa, it was rather comedic when they tried to destroy its den and ISB accidentally got caught in the spice explosion, causing them to be a little whack for a bit. On a scale of 1-10, how much lore knowledge do you have?   7 On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with ULX/Sam commands?   7 Are you aware that events can be unpredictable and often require heavy improvisation? Yes   Event Questions: A hacker joins during your event and fires a Davy Crockett, killing everyone and unfreezing all props. What do you do?   First I would alert moderators if none are present to the situation to deal with it quickly so I can try to continue running the event, and thankfully for every event that I may do I always have the entire thing advanced duplicated so I can easily place the props back down, I would then make everyone aware of what had happened in a way that would try to keep the event going, for example trying to play it off as the enemy directly targeting the task force for bombardment but thankfully being dealt with by a cruiser in orbit.   However if I do not have a dupe set up or generally the server is too unstable to continue the rp, I would direct everyone to return to the main server and offer up to do something on base there, another example being that we had to retreat and we were pursued on our way out before we continue the event there. A user is repeatedly bad mouthing your event while you are trying to run it. How do you react?   If they are criticising the event in a manner that is easily noticeable by me I will at least, if I have the time attempt to DM them for feedback to be given at the event, or to give me their thoughts in my discord DM's as I am never opposed to someone giving me ideas to help adjust roleplay for everyone's likability, however if they're being a disturbance to the rest of the forces and generally just being a minge that is interrupting others I would alert a moderator to the player to deal with it, complaining without giving an idea to a solution is just unnecessary. You have to go AFK in the middle of an event and there is no staff to assist. What should you have done to avoid this?   If I was aware that I would have to go afk during an event I should have let another staff member know, or possibly beforehand have someone on standby in the case of an emergency taking place but if none of these were applicable, I could at least before going afk make use of the AI spawn tool to have consistent reinforcements from enemies spawning before returning myself so the battlefield doesn't feel empty to the players. Your event is lagging and players are starting to complain. How do you resolve this?   Delete props from an area that is no longer being used in the event first would be my initial idea, from there I would use the admin tools to delete bodies and ensure that the amount of entities spawned down does not exceed what the server can handle, there is never a need for around 200 enemies at a single conflict, furthermore if the lag persists I would limit the use of enemies being used and vehicles and destructible objects, making sure to go through my list of triggers and remove any that I am no longer using. Event Document: In order to answer the next set of questions you are to provide a detailed example of an event. It is highly recommended to create this event within a Google Document, however you may use this post if you wish.   https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSrTwRMcSXt4F10fqcP56x5FbkJoIc79_J2nualDH1bFuO_IQ0nbljpWtCqYaLibMi6le3WBO-yOdDz/pub